LIGHTHOUSE IN-HOME CARE
LIGHTHOUSE services will be provided through the senior centers in every county of the state and will touch the lives of thousands of our citizens.
The program will be geared toward those 60+ who do not qualify for other in-home services (i.e. Medicaid) and will provide personal care and environmental assistance for up to 60 hours per month.
The LIGHTHOUSE Program is designed to assist those seniors who have functional needs in their homes. Services are provided by an In-Home Care Technician employed by Aging & Family Services after an applicant is found eligible by the provider’s Registered Nurse and financial eligibility has been established.
Eligibility for services:
- 60+ years of age
- Medically eligible based upon a functional evaluation by Aging & Family Services Registered Nurse. Two needs must be identified under “Activities of Daily Living” on the BoSS Intake Form (BIF). A need is an ADL that requires “Much Assistance” or “Cannot Perform”
- Financially Eligible based on the LIGHTHOUSE Sliding Fee Schedule. An individual’s income may be determined by voluntary disclosure by the client or by agency estimation; means tests are not required.
The LIGHTHOUSE Program provides support in four areas:
- Personal Care: Grooming, Bathing, Dressing, and Toileting
- Mobility: Transferring and Walking
- Nutrition: Meal Preparation, Eating, and Grocery and/or Pharmacy Shopping
- Environment: Light Housekeeping, Making and Changing the Client’s Bed, and Client’s Laundry. Environmental services must be provided in the home and cannot exceed more than 1/3 of the monthly hours that the client receives.
HOURS: OF SERVICE: A LIGHTHOUSE Client can receive up to sixty hours of service per month, based on the RN’s Client Assessment and subsequent plan of care.
For more information about the LIGHTHOUSE Program, please call Aging & Family Services at 788-5467.