Annual Meals on Wheels 5K Fundraiser Run
Jennings Randolph Lake
Aging & Family Services of Mineral County is proud to sponsor the “Conquer The Dam”5K fundraising run/walk at Jennings Randolph Lake. Proceeds from this event support the Meals on Wheels program of Mineral County. Jennings Randolph Lake is a reservoir of 952 acres located on the North Branch Potomac River in Mineral County, WV and Garrett County, Maryland. The lake was constructed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Construction of the lake was completed in 1981. Originally named Bloomington Lake, it was later renamed for West Virginia Senator Jennings Randolph. The highlight of this event is that runners and walkers will travel over the dam and spillway, normally closed to public travel.
- When: Saturday preceding Mother’s Day each May
- Where: Event begins and ends at the top of the Howell Run Picnic area. There will be a downhill start and then cross the dam (normally closed to public travel) and then reverse direction with a moderate uphill climb to the finish.
- Standard Registration: Early registration fee – $20 and late registration – $25. Registration dates will be determined each year. There will be NO refunds. Race day registration will be held from 8:30 AM until 9:30 AM at the Howell Run Picnic area. $15 registration fee for those 18 and under. Maximum family registration $50.
- Early registrants are guaranteed a race T-shirt.
- Both in person and virtual walk/run options.